PRE CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Absolutely no alcohol or caffeine (tea as well) for 24 hours prior.
- No blood thinners such as Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Aleve, Niacin, Vitamin E, Fish oils, etc. Unless medically necessary for 72 hours prior.
- Protect your skin from UV rays / sun exposure / tans for 2 weeks prior to your appointment. If you arrive with a sunburn, you will have to forfeit your deposit and you will be asked to reschedule.
- No Fillers/Botox treatments in the procedure area for 6 weeks prior to your appointment.
- Avoid facials, chemical peels or microdermabrasion for the 4 weeks prior to your appointment.
- Absolutely no anti-acne or anti-aging products on the skin for 3 weeks prior to your procedure.
- No Accutane within one year of procedure.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Please be well-hydrated and eat a light meal.
- You will forfeit your deposit and need to reschedule your appointment if you:
- Have not followed Pre Care Instructions.
- Arrive to the studio exhibiting signs and symptoms of a viral or bacterial infection.
- Once the procedure is completed, using the saline wound care given to you at your appointment, pat on to brows with a cotton round 3-4 times a day for the next 7 days and keep them dry! (Saline would care is readily available at your local pharmacy should you need more). After the first 7 days, stop with the saline wash.
- The area must be left dry for best results. No bathing, sweating, swimming, saunas, steam room, exercising, tanning. KEEP THEM DRY. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- DO NOT PICK THE SCAB. The scabbing is the most important part of the removal as you will disrupt the process of osmosis meaning you will stop the pigment lift process. The scabs need to stay on as long as possible as they are continuously drawing out pigment/ink.
- Oftentimes the wound might present some lymph fluid drainage. In that case, just blot the area with a clean paper towel but make sure not to rub!
- Also, make sure not to use any cosmetic products or makeup on the wound as it will delay healing and might even infect the area.
- Do not sleep on your face, rub, pick or scratch the area as you may cause scarring.
- No makeup or skincare products should go close to the procedure area from the time of service until the scabbing has completely fallen off.
- Once the scab has fallen off on its own, you may use vitamin E oil (just 2 or 3 drops) with a clean q-tip to re-hydrate the skin.
- Keeping up with the Vitamin E routine for a minimum of 4 weeks will reduce the risk of scarring or discoloration or until the next lightening session (8 weeks) Do not start applying the Vitamin E oil until after all the scabbing has naturally and completely fallen off. Remember, it is our goal to keep the area as dry as possible until the scabs have naturally fallen off.
- The skin may appear pink or discolored for a couple weeks before returning to its original shade by week 4. Sometimes pigment that has spread underneath the skin may rise to the surface before coming out completely. In these cases, it may appear that the tattoo has “bled” to surrounding tissue. This is all part of the process, and can be addressed during future sessions if needed.
- It is important to the process and integrity of the skin that a full 8 weeks of healing take place before another lightening session can be done. No exceptions.
- Lightening unwanted pigment is a long process and patience is required. This is true whether you are choosing a saline lightening product or laser. Please be patient and give the process a fair chance to work. Expect visible and wanted results in 2 to 5 sessions. How many sessions needed will depend on how saturated the pigment is, how deep it was implanted and how much needs to be lightened for the desired result. In many cases only a percentage of the pigment needs to be lightened and then we can continue the correction process by color correcting or color shifting. In those cases where we have pigment misplaced or in an unwanted area, color correcting will not be an option and lightening as much of the pigment as possible will be our ultimate goal.
- If you have any questions or concerns please call me. If at any time you have any green or yellow puss in the area of the removal, or any concerns at all during the healing process please contact me.